Saturday, April 11, 2009

Don't loose yourself..


I lost my lego heart at the Republic on Thursday:((.....I think it may have been a sign though lol. A series of events from Thursday to today made me question my love for what I do. Stress and frustration is no joke. I love music man, and I love it with all of me, but whole heartedly giving yourself to one thing is verrrrrrrry dangerous. Not risky, but dangerous. Because at the end of the day, no matter how talented you are, how honest you are, how beautiful you are, something WILL go wrong at some point. As artist we have to know how to channel those negative things and creatively put them to use. Recording artist are typically emotional people because we don't know how to handle "stress." So we write about it.Needless to say, I'm writing my butt off right now.
A lil advice I’d give to fellow artist is to be very careful with who you confide in, in this industry because everyone doesn’t have your best interest at heart. Some fam and friends will turn foe. Also, know how to accept advice from others without letting it influence or alter your decision making.

BUT regardless of how upset this industry makes me, I always turn to a song to get me over. So I give ya Melo-X feat. Jesse Boykins III live at Webster Hall

"as the world turns round/ my head hangs down/ as the moon turns day/ i can estimate the pain" JB3